Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bgalante
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brian Galante

Veeam Backup Status reporting incorrectly after update 3

Post by bgalante »

Hi All,

I run a daily report for "Latest Backup Job Status" and it worked fine up until I installed Veeam ONE Update 3, now it is calculating wrong.

For example, if i have 2 jobs with 5 vm's each for a total of 10, and 2 vm's in those jobs fail, it would display as:
Failed / Total VM's
"2 / 10"

Now its like "2 / 29" after installing update 3. No idea how it gets 29 when there are only 10 vm's in the 2 jobs.

Anyone else have this happen?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam Backup Status reporting incorrectly after update 3

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Brian,

that looks like a bug which I am not aware of. Please contact our technical support team. Once you do this, please let me know your case ID.

Thanks!
agoldenlife
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Golden

Post by agoldenlife »

I will put in a ticket as well, but wondering if there was some common issue. I am having miscalculation on reports as well. I run the "VM Backup Status" report, but if one vm fails the total does not add properly. so I had a 12+vm job, 1 failed. The failed one added to the failed list, but all the others server which were successful were not counted it seems.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Unfortunately OP has not indicated support case ID, so I don't know how the issue was resolved.
Please contact the support team.
Thanks!
agoldenlife
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Golden

Post by agoldenlife »

Well, I figured out mine. Maybe it was the same for bgalante. I am not entering a ticket, but I might ask for a new feature. Namely to specify a backup window so finished server jobs show up they way we want to see them. For example if I start my backup jobs at 8pm on Monday and they run through 3am on Tuesday I do not want them split into Monday and Tuesday for counts, etc... I want to look at the pretty bar graph and spreadsheet showing everything that is set to run in our Monday backup window completed and is accounted for.

So my confusion was because our backups run overnight. Depending on when the backup finishes our "Tuesday" backups might show up under Wednesday because it did finish on Wednesday. However that is not how we think about it, and it makes it complicated to know at a glance if they were done. The point of the report is to see how things are backing up at a quick glance. I can't trust the count, because it is going to accumulate all servers done in that day and not in the backup window.

Hopefully that make sense to you. Thanks for the quick reply Shestakov!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the request James.
I've got your point. However current behavior exists for a long time and lots of customers got used to it. They may be confused if we change the way of count.
We will think of a control to switch between the logics.