PowerShell script exchange
filipemcn
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Filipe Carreira

Veeam Powershell Replication Hyper-V

Post by filipemcn »

Hello,

I'm trying to overcome something with Powershell that I think is a shortcoming of Veeam Backup & Replication.
I have the following test scenario:
2 Hyper-V Hosts
1 Host running VBR
1 VM Linux for Backups and Replication Storage
1 Replication Job replicating a VM on the first Hyper-V host to second Hyper-V host running continuously.
The replication job runs without an issue but I've observed the following shortcoming: if the source VM becomes corrupt or having some order issue the VBR has no builtin method (that I could find, anyway) to stop automatically the replication before the replica becomes also corrupt or with the same issue of the source VM.
I'm looking at the possibility of running a Job pre-script but I would like to perform several checks to VM: a ping test and a Heartbeat check. I've already a powershell that checks the VM Hearbeat status of the VM but I would like to perform this check on the pre-script. But I'm having an issue with the credentials: it's possible to use the credentials already stored on VBR for the Hyper-V host (I've found a get-vbrcredentials in the documentation but I couldn't figure out if I can use it for this purpose)?
I'm not looking forward to have to devise a method to store and retrieve the credentials for the Hyper-V credentials. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Filipe
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Powershell Replication Hyper-V

Post by veremin »

Nope, you cannot establish connection to a Hyper-V host, using credentials accessible via Veeam PowerShell snap-in. Thanks.