Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
sweazzy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Florent

FEATURE REQUEST EJECT TAPE

Post by sweazzy »

Hi,

When setting up a job tape, in the Option section, it would be interesting to have a "Days ..." button next to "Eject media upon job completion" to choose which day the tape should be ejected.

I currently have a job to have a backup week on a tape, I can not check this option and I am forced to eject the tape by the software or ask the client to eject the tape directly from the Ultrium LTO Tape Drive. I find it compelling!

Thank you in advance for your support, I hope this feature will be present in the following versions. :D
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: FEATURE REQUEST EJECT TAPE

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Florent.

Would it work in your case if tape media gets ejected when it's full? When talking about specific day is that a date when you perform tape export? Thanks.
sweazzy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Florent

Post by sweazzy »

Hello,

In fact, I would like to eject the tape every Friday night when the job is over or Saturday or Sunday regardless.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

How often do you run this job? Daily or weekly? Thanks.
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by Novox »

Alternatively, how about an "Eject Tape" job instead of a "Days ..." button next to "Eject media upon job completion?" This way the "Eject Tape" job could be scheduled independent of all other jobs.

Additionaly, can Veeam create an "Eject Tape" job (which itself would have a schedule)?

I'm using Amazon Storage Gateway VTL and "ejecting" tapes really matters because it indicates to Amazon when to move virtual tapes to much cheaper Glacier or the newer Deep Glacier storage.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Novox,

Both ideas make sense, so I've noted an improvement request for next versions. Thank you.