Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Stellarspace
Novice
Liked: never

Installing Veeam

Post by Stellarspace »

When I install Veeam and it tries to enable the service, my computer freezes and it doesn't do anything.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Installing Veeam

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do you have any AV software installed on the computer? Does is also happen when you try to start Veeam services manually?
Stellarspace
Novice

Post by Stellarspace »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Do you have any AV software installed on the computer? Does is also happen when you try to start Veeam services manually?
Yes, Windows Defender Antivirus and Malwarebytes. I don't know how to start Veeam services manually.
Stellarspace
Novice

Post by Stellarspace »

I disabled real-time protection for Windows Defender Antivirus and Malwarebytes. I also paused Cybereason RansomFree for an hour. My computer didn't freeze and it was able to install it and start the services. Thanks for making me think!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

That's what I've thought! Services can be started manually via services.msc (just put in this name in the command line). As regards the AV compatibility issue, then do not disable the protection you have. All you need to do is to add Veeam folders to the exclusion of the AV software. Here is the example how these folders were named for the previous version of Veeam Agent: https://www.veeam.com/kb2034