Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Poweruser
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Poweruser

Veeam License Report

Post by Poweruser »

Hi!

I was shocked, that after one month veeam agent subscription wants to phone home usage statistics.
If i would not allow it, it would cease service.
So i need to enable the checkbox for veeam agent auto submit.

Not that terrible enough it also enabled the phone home function for the bought license of essentials/b&r too.
This is not wanted. Veeam should submit as less as possible data home!
I want to disable phone home as much as possible, but dont want manual submit interactions.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Veeam License Report

Post by Gostev »

Hi, don't be shocked - you simply misinterpreted just about everything around this functionality:
Poweruser wrote:I was shocked, that after one month veeam agent subscription wants to phone home usage statistics.
Actually, the usage statistics check box is disabled by default, since we do want our users to opt in. So, it would be more fair to say that YOU want Veeam Agent to phone home usage statistics, if you checked the corresponding check box ;)
Poweruser wrote:If i would not allow it, it would cease service.
This is simply not true. Reporting usage statistics is completely optional with Subscription licenses, so feel free to disable it - the product will continue to function normally. As a Subscription license user, you're not obliged to report your license usage in any case.
Poweruser wrote:Veeam should submit as less as possible data home!
That's exactly what we do when you enable usage statistics reporting. This functionality literally only submits license consumption numbers, and nothing else.

Thanks!
Poweruser
Expert

Post by Poweruser »

But then i get a nag screen with "Postpone Report" etc..
Which comes up on every B&R Console start.

How can i remove this?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

License usage reporting should not pop up for "Subscription" type licenses. Can you confirm what license type do you have? You should be able to see it in the license file itself. Thanks!
Poweruser
Expert

Post by Poweruser »

Perpetual for Main Essentials B&R + Business Support
+ Subscription for Win Agent Server
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

OK, then please contact our support to investigate your case further. Because according to the logic implemented in our products, the only users who should be seeing the pop up you're seeing are those with "Rental" type license (which is the special license type for managed service providers). We did not see this issue reported by users with "Perpetual" and "Subscription" license types before.