Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
isaako
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Isaac González

VAL + CouldConnect or VBR + CloudConnect release

Post by isaako »

Hi,

I'm working on a project where I need to backup remote physical servers or also physical server in our ddcc, without deploying infrastructure on the other side.
I've tried VAC and looks promising for Windows Agents, but our servers are basically Linux ones.
Currenlty Linux agents can send backups to CloudConnect but you loose centralizad management. (without VBR integration).
VBR only supports configuring the backup repository for agents to VBR repositories and exposing VBR repos to internet is ugly.
Do you have some estimation about when Linux and Windows agent managed by VAC (Linux) or managed by VBR (Linux and Windows) will be available?

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: VAL + CouldConnect or VBR + CloudConnect release

Post by PTide »

Hi,

VAC+VAL integration is already on the list of future improvements, however there is no estimate yet.
Currenlty Linux agents can send backups to CloudConnect but you loose centralizad management. (without VBR integration)
One quick question - do you want to actually manage Agents, or you just want a central point of license distribution?

Thanks
isaako
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Isaac González

Post by isaako »

Hi PTide,

I want to manage agents both Linux and Windows from a centralised point.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the feedback, this really makes sense. As a workaround for now, you may want to use Veeam B&R server (installed locally) to manage VAL installations and also add this server to VAC to have a single pane of glass for these Agents and other workloads you probably have. It is not ideal, but at least you will have a single UI to review the job states etc.

Thanks!