Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Keeps recreating fingerprints

Post by Technogod »

I have a backup repository at a remote location that is using a WAN accelerator. I created a second repository using the same WAN accelerator. I'm using Agent backups so I copied the backups to the new repository and mapped them. New fingerprints were created for each of my backups during their first sync. I have two backups that are causing fingerprints to be created each time they sync to the first and second remote repository's.

The two computer backups that are causing the problem have the same Windows Hardware ID. Do you think this could be causing the problem?

On another note. I was unable to manage my computers because B&R was unable to differentiate between the two computers.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Keeps recreating fingerprints

Post by Gostev »

Yes, it could potentially be a source of the problem. Please include support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks!
Technogod
Expert

Post by Technogod »

Case #03189702
Technogod
Expert

Post by Technogod » 1 person likes this post

I think I found the problem. I was copying the backup copy and then using it to seed the second backup copy. This was causing B&R to get confused and wasn't able to determine which was which.
Technogod
Expert

Post by Technogod »

This is still a problem. Even in the latest release. I recreated the problem again today.
1) Perform Agent backup to the B&R Repository.
2) Perform Agent Backup Copy to a different B&R Repository. (I need the Backup Copy to be Encrypted.)
3)Add Backup Copy to my Remote Repository.
4) Perform Backup Copy to my Remote Repository using seeded backup.
Backup Copy will fail trying to recreate fingerprints. It also generates another error where it fails to verify the disk.
Can VEEAM please add to their code so you are not able to have two of the same Backup Copy Jobs or one will fail?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for sharing the updates! I'll discuss details to the QA folks, meanwhile, can you please open new support case and share the case ID with me? We will need new portion of debug logs to continue the investigation. Cheers!