Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
magix
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Denis BUCHER

Missing "rename" function for backup proxy

Post by magix » 1 person likes this post

Dear all,

What do you think about this :

Normally, the proxy name is defined by the name of a corresponding server, but this is not the case for the Veeam server itself, which is named as "VMware Backup Proxy". And it is impossible to change the name !

For the backup server itself it would be better to name it after its name I think. Otherwise it's very difficult to know if "VMware Backup Proxy" is the server itself or another backup proxy.

The best would be to allow the customers to change the Proxy name. If not, at least to name the "VMware Backup Proxy" with the name of the server instead...

Denis
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Missing "rename" function for backup proxy

Post by foggy »

Hi Denis, it is only the name of the default proxy server, others are named according to the way they are added to Veeam B&R console (DNS or IP). So you always know that this is the backup server itself.
magix
Influencer

Post by magix »

Dear foggy, when you see an error saying "VMware Backup Proxy" you are not sure if it means THE "VMware Backup Proxy" from the server itself or the "VMware Backup Proxy" used in this case. It's not very clear. I had to contact support, open a ticket, to understand which proxy server it was.
magix
Influencer

Post by magix »

I mean, NOW I know, but I suppose other customers will certainly have the same questionning...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

We haven't heard much of it, but I admit some sort of frustration is possible here. Thanks!