Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
NickPCH
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicklas Leonhard Thulesen

Bug Fixes?

Post by NickPCH »

Hello Veeam Team

with each new update for the Veeam Agent for Windows (now 2.2)
we get the info that its been updated to match the latest version of 1803 windows update (:
and that you have fixes some of the bugs.

here to i would absolutely love to see what bugs you fix each time - do you have that information?
or can i persuate you to to make a forum post with some quick information about what bugs we shouldnt expect to see as often (:

- im gonna end this with saying that our company loves veeam as a backup software and that we only rarely get the bugs (still had some though)
- Hear from you soon

-Nicklas Leonhard Thulesen - PCH Engineering A/S
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Bug Fixes?

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your post.
here to i would absolutely love to see what bugs you fix each time - do you have that information?
The most important fixes or critical limitations usually go to release notes or what's new document.
make a forum post with some quick information about what bugs we shouldnt expect to see as often
We usually do that whenever there is a critical issue that affects all the customers to keep all the users aware, moreover Anton includes such information in weekly forum digest (make sure you are subscribed).
we only rarely get the bugs (still had some though)
Whenever you have an issue - please open a support case. When bug is confirmed by support team - most likely the fix is going to be included into next version.
NickPCH
Novice

Post by NickPCH »

Hello Dima

"The most important fixes or critical limitations usually go to release notes or what's new document."
1) i did check the realease notes for info about bugs - can you tell me exactly where in the document its written?

"We usually do that whenever there is a critical issue that affects all the customers to keep all the users aware, moreover Anton includes such information in weekly forum digest (make sure you are subscribed)."
2) what/who is this Anton you are reffering to? where do i subscribe?

"Whenever you have an issue - please open a support case. When bug is confirmed by support team - most likely the fix is going to be included into next version."
3) well this post isnt about trying to fix the bugs but ofcourse we will if needed - but we had one error we couldnt fix unless wanted to break the pc's location and language settings that would result in TONS of work for that one employee
- but forget that. not why im here (:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

i did check the realease notes for info about bugs - can you tell me exactly where in the document its written?
Here: https://www.veeam.com/resource-library. ... ct][]=1783. Release Notes contain Known Issues and from What's New document you can get an overview of all new functionality in latest version.
who is this Anton you are reffering to? where do i subscribe?
Anton Gostev, Senior Vice President of Product Management, shares latest new via weekly forum community digest. Go to User Control Panel, open Board preferences and check Subscribe to weekly digest of top forum topics. Cheers!
NickPCH
Novice

Post by NickPCH »

1)you misunderstood me when i asked where the bug fixes are in realease notes - i know where to find the document. but the document doesnt tell anything about your fixes. just some "known issues"
there for if you can actually show me where my dumbass havent looked ill be quiet the happy man.

2)Good tip with that anton guy - will do.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

1. Since there are hundreds of bug fixes in every release, it would be too time consuming to document them - so we don't do this.
2. It's me, btw :D
NickPCH
Novice

Post by NickPCH »

1) - well fair enough then - would be nice to know - but not crucial.
2) haha good to know :o