gmastrolonardo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Giuseppe Mastrolonardo

Veeam B&R disklib error 16

Post by gmastrolonardo »

case number #02316445
Hi guys,

I am new on using Veeam B&R so I am not an expert.

I have an issue with a current backup job and replication job. I am getting the following error:

Getting VM info from vSphere
Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path -- File open failed: Could not find the file --tr:Failed to start file downloading.
VMFS path: [[LOCALSTORE] /vmfs/volumes/54c79103-71bdf1a2-4420-001f295aced9/*VM*/*VM*.vmx]. --tr:NFC storage connection is unavailable.
Storage: [stg:54c79103-71bdf1a2-4420-001f295aced9,nfchost:ha-host,conn:10.10.1.11].
Storage display name: [LOCALSTORE]. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:10.10.1.11,nfcho

I have 7 vms in the backup job, however, only 5 are failing with this error. All 7 vms are in the same esxi host.

Any help would be appreciated.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam B&R disklib error 16

Post by foggy »

Hi Giuseppe, while you're waiting for the engineer's reply, please check this KB and also use search to find another reported occurrences of this issue. Thanks.
alm3
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Albert Muller

Post by alm3 » 1 person likes this post

I have found that if you have your CD set to Datastore ISO File and that file does not exist, this error is thrown. I just set the CD to Host or Client and everything is good. Why this error occurs would still need to be answered by Veeam but this workaround is so far full proof.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Albert, hard to tell without deep logs analysis, there could be different causes of this error.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

alm3 wrote: Sep 20, 2018 3:36 pmI have found that if you have your CD set to Datastore ISO File and that file does not exist, this error is thrown.
QC could not confirm this behavior in the lab, so there must be something else to it... would be great if you could open a support case and let us look at the debug logs.
Barretthowell
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Barrett Howell

Post by Barretthowell »

This fix I figured out was to move the vmdk and the vmx file *only* to a new folder within the data store you were originally using. Leave the rest of the files behind. Then add the vmx file back to inventory by right clicking the Vmx file. After I performed this, the job ran successful the next time around. At the time of the job running, I found that no vmxf file was visible, within the new folder I created. Oddly enough the job ran without error.

Vmxf files - are virtual machine configuration files. These files are coded in xml format.