Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
smodessa88
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Steven Modessa

[Feature Request] MSI agent installer

Post by smodessa88 »

Hello All
If possible I'd like to request the ability to have an MSI installer for Veeam Agent for Windows that takes care of the installation along with license installation for Veeam.
If possible branding would be great but low priority.
Simply automate the installation and allow us to send the installer out to customers and with an MSI we can automate the installation through GPO/Batch script or RMM tools to install without having to go back to license the agent per machine.

Let me know if you have any questions
Steven M
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature Request] MSI agent installer

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Steven.

It's possible to deploy agent in Unattended mode and GPO or scripting scenarios are also supported. Kindly, take a look at this white paper as it perfectly explains how to achieve your goal. Cheers!
smodessa88
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Steven Modessa

Post by smodessa88 »

Hello Dima
That would require a network drive/unc path to host the file locally which will not work for our multi-tenant environment, we would like a single MSI file that contains all that we need.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steven,

If you would like to automate deployment of VAW for your clients (I see that you're our VCSP), then you may also want to take a look at Veeam Availability Console > Scenario A. Centralized Management of Veeam Backup Agents

Anyway, thanks for the FR!