Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
purban
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pavel Urban

How to configure tape backup of each day of week to specific slot of HP 1x8 Autoloader

Post by purban »

Hi,

I have a question if it is possible to configure tape backup of each day of week to specific slot of HP 1x8 Autoloader ?
Can I backup on Monday to slot 1, on Tuesday to slot 2 and so on, and after that change once in a week set of 7 tapes
(odd week) for next set of 7 tapes (even weeek) ?

Thanks,
Pavel
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 289 times
Full Name: Max

Re: How to configure tape backup of each day of week to specific slot of HP 1x8 Autoloader

Post by Regnor »

Unfortunately you can't tell Veeam to use a specific slot of a tape library. But if you only change the tapes once a week, does it matter which slot is used on which day?
purban
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pavel Urban

Re: How to configure tape backup of each day of week to specific slot of HP 1x8 Autoloader

Post by purban »

Hi,

I am testing following configuration. I have created 6 media pools (fig.1) for days of week (Monday to Saturday). Each pool
contains only 1 tape for one day of week (fig.2). And than I have configured 6 tape jobs (fig.3), each only for 1 day of week.
Each tape job uses appropriate pool. It seems that it is what I need.

Pavel

Fig.1 Media pools

Fig.2 Tapes in media pools

Fig.3 Tape jobs
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 289 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

I can't see your pictures, but it sounds too complicated to me. Why do you create a job and pool per day?