Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DBGodfrey
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Darren Levine Godfrey

Feature request: More scheduling options

Post by DBGodfrey »

Feature Request 1: More advanced scheduling options for Storage\Advanced\Create Active Full Backups Periodically. I have a nightly backup that currently runs an active full on Saturdays and incremental backups Monday - Friday. My problem is that the active full backups are overwhelming my storage. I'd like to be able to schedule the active full to happen every 14 days or every other Saturday (or whichever weekday we choose).

Feature Request 2: The other issue seems even easier to fix. I run a weekly full backup job to a server that has 2 repositories on it. My goal is to have Veeam send this backup back and forth between the two repositories. What I've had to do in order to accomplish this is to create 4 jobs:

Backup-Week 1 => repository01
Backup-Week 2 => repository02
Backup-Week 3 => repository01
Backup-Week 4 => repository02

This works perfectly except when we have the rare occasion that a month happens to have 5 of my chosen day in it, for example 5 Sundays, which results in a skipped weekend. In this case I think a simple feature to add would be to your current Schedule\Periodically every: option. Currently, you have a choice between Hours, Minutes or Continuously. All that needs to be added is "Days" and I would be able to schedule two jobs to run every 14 days on opposing weeks to my desired repository.

Hopefully, easy stuff?

Thanks for considering!

~Darren
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request: More scheduling options

Post by foggy »

Hi Darren, thanks for the request. Meanwhile you can address both cases with the help of Windows Scheduler.