Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Zoatibix
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Morgan

Error Backing up local Drives

Post by Zoatibix »

Hello,

Having an issue backing up some local files onto tape - probably something I'm doing wrong!

VEEAM runs on our Archive Server, backing up our production servers to a local drive mapped as S:

I've been asked to set up a tape backup for longer term storage. It gets roughly a tenth of the way through the job but then fails with this error:

Task S:\Backup\(SERVER) - non application aware\(SERVER) - non application awareD2018-09-24T213039.vib failed. Error: Failed to call RPC function 'SureTempFolderExists'@ Error code: 0x80070583. Cannot initialize COM runtime.

The 'server' that is is trying to backup at that point is a Failover Cluster of servers. I wondered if there was a problem with the backup to disk job that runs on those servers, and indeed there is:

"Failed to call RPC function 'TestCompatibile': Error code 0x8007000e. Cannot initialize COM runtime" It doesn't seem to matter if the job is non-application aware or not.

That backup job points to a NAS box but another job is successfully backing up to it.

Any assistance gratefully received.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error Backing up local Drives

Post by Dima P. »

Hello David.

This behavior is unexpected, so please open a support case as debug log investigation is required to understand the root cause. Do not forget to share the case ID in this thread. Thank you in advance!
Zoatibix
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Morgan

Re: Error Backing up local Drives

Post by Zoatibix »

Ah, okay.

I've installed update 3a and have just set the backup running - hopefully that will have fixed it.

If not, I'll raise a ticket.

Thank you.