Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GabriMWare
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gabriel Gisbert Aznar

OverRestorePointment?

Post by GabriMWare »

Hi everyone!
I am using vSphere 4.1 versus Veeam 5, supose that I got 14 Vm's running, four of them that have to be replicated "continously". I got one Datastore in our CPD (Servers room) and another one in other center (security reasons), joined by FC, it is a great communication speed.
I have programmed that these four machines have to be replicated one time in our CPD Datastore, when it finish starts on the other Datastore, then return to the CPD,....and we repeat this method countinously. In order to it, I have got replicas that ensure me some restore points. In pharma Industry it's compulsory to ensure that, no data losed in any time. Okay, so to do that I have set 300 restore points in Veeam Configuration Jobs (only for these four machines).

Since that moment we have experienced an important slow performance of the system, I mean, the server that manages Veeam is running too slow and I am not able to remove replica's jobs, or to see how Veeam are working...

Any idea to solve that problem?

It's important to mantain the 300 restore points.So, to remove restore points is not an option.

More information:
- The hosts that manage VM's are working at 10% of their capacity.
- Datastores (HP MSA) have 50% free space.
- Every machines are linked with FC, with HP FC switches.
- The server who manages Veeam, are working/using 10% CPU capacity and 40% Memory capacity

Thanks for all! :roll:
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: OverRestorePointment?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Gabriel, could you please clarify what exact version of Veeam B&R are you using?

If you take a look at the Release Notes for 5.0.2, you'll see that your issue should have already been resolved:
User interface can become irresponsive for extended periods of time when selecting certain management tree nodes, such as Backups or Replicas.
If you're using older version, please don't hesitate to upgrade to 5.0.2. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

By the way, we've got an open topic for those who are storing more than 90 restore points: Are you keeping greater than 90 restore points?

Could you please take a look and share your feedback on this?
GabriMWare
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gabriel Gisbert Aznar

Post by GabriMWare »

Mmmm, I'm using 5.0.0.179 verion, I'm going to update it now!
On the other hand, I'm going to read 90 restore points topic.

Thanks!!

As soon as solve the problem, I'll reply the answer.
Thanks!