Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
daystrom
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Destination drive is not appearing in drive mapping

Post by daystrom »

I'm testing veeam agent for windows restore, version 2.2. This is my first attempt so I may be doing something wrong. The backed up drive is 4 tb and so is the restore drive; but they don't match up well enough for an Entire Computer restore. When I go to disk map, the Disks list is completely empty. If I open "Load drive", the destination drive is showing, but if I select it and continue, same empty list of disks. What am I missing? The dest drive is a simple hdd that is in the restore-to computer. I'm attempting to do a bare metal restore to a different pc, as an experiment.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Destination drive is not appearing in drive mapping

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Daystrom,

Most likely, from your description, the driver for the HDD is not loaded and therefore it can not be seen. You can use the tools on the recovery media to load additional drivers or check if a driver didn't load (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=21)
daystrom
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Post by daystrom »

Hi Mike...I tried again today after rebooting the restore-to machine and now the expected hdd appears in the Disk Mapping dialog. Thanks for your response.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

No problem. I hope that the restore to other PC worked!