RESTful knowledge exchange
Attackmonkey
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Payne

Sign Out Question

Post by Attackmonkey »

I have a question about signing out from the Restful API using the (DELETE) /logonSessions/{ID} endpoint.

Does calling this method tidy up all resources allocated to that logon session? For example if that session had mounted a backup to browse, is the mount automatically deleted as part of the sign out process, or should we be firing the API calls to remove any active mounts etc BEFORE we call the sign out endpoint?
benyoung
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Ben Young

Re: Sign Out Question

Post by benyoung »

I don't think the API has any logic built in to tear down any active restore sessions that are actively running but not something i have directly tested (would be a quick enough test) - In our web interface I have a disconnect button to allow the user to tear it down as well as detect page change (angular route change) if they are browsing off to also trigger a disconnect if it is still connected on view change.

Veeam B&R it self does tear down inactive backup sessions automatically after 15 minutes in our environment, i do believe we worked with support on this as our default was not set to this and sessions were staying active for longer, Sorry i cant find the email but i know this was adjustable via the registry - someone from Veeam may have the internal doc on this they could provide so you can test your B&R environment out
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

For example if that session had mounted a backup to browse, is the mount automatically deleted as part of the sign out process
Correct, unless there is a restore running. Thanks!
benyoung
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Ben Young

Post by benyoung »

Ah yes that brings back memories of the support call now, as we almost always had a restore running that the user initiated/we had to capture the leave page event if they had not disconnected - thankfully that inactive restore session feature in B&R works great to tear anything sitting there down
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It's by design behaviour - running restore process should not be affected by RESTful API logouts. Thanks!