Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
v_user
Novice
Liked: never

Backup Copy Jobs - Scheduling

Post by v_user »

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out a way to schedule backup copy jobs. I have 3 local backup jobs that run concurrently in the evening (9pm) and 3 corresponding backup copy jobs. I would like Veeam to perform the local backups first before starting to process to he backup copy jobs which generally run longer due to the link speeds. At the moment as soon as the first local backup copy job completes, the corresponding backup copy job starts and tries to run in parallel with the next local job, this can impede and severely delay the local jobs.

Since the Backup Copy jobs will start "as soon as the new restore point appears in the backup repository" I assume I will need to control this via the Parallel Processing and repository settings like "Limit Maximum Concurrent Tasks". Can anyone provide some guidance how I might achieve my goal?

Thanks
Rick.Vanover
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times
Full Name: Rick Vanover

Re: Backup Copy Jobs - Scheduling

Post by Rick.Vanover »

Hi v_user, welcome. I recommend you go to the schedule section of the Backup Copy Job and set times that the job can run. That is the easiest solution - it is just that there would need to be a time that all 3 BCJ's can run without interfering with the backup jobs as you request. You could enable this for 1 BCJ at a time - meaning, as they 'get started' they will be more efficient. Additionally, the Built-In WAN Acceleration could assist with the time it takes to transfer as well.
v_user
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Backup Copy Jobs - Scheduling

Post by v_user »

Thanks! This sounds like a good solution, I'll make the changes and report back.

Thanks again for the help.