Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
jcm4101
Novice
Liked: never

Unable to connect standalone monitor to SQL 2005

Post by jcm4101 »

Hi
I've read in this forum several posts regarding connectivity issues, but none of these issues really met my criteria (well, none that I could find anyway..) so apologies if this has been posted before..

Anyhew..

I've installed Veeam (full installation) on a member server(XP)and this functions fine.

I've installed Veeam (Monitor only) on my XP machine (same domain).
I can connect the monitor to the monitor server, but the database fails to connect.

I've looked on the monitor server, the veeam monitor user group has been created, I've added my domain account as a member of this group, PLUS as a member of the SQLServer group too, but still cannot connect to the database from my PC.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Dave
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello Dave, as far as I understand our support has requested everyone experiencing this issue to send all logs to our support address - they will be dealing with this issue on case-by-case basis because reasons are different in each case.

I am sure as soon as our support finds some common partners, they will post the solutions on forum.
jcm4101
Novice

Post by jcm4101 »

Thanks for the response Gostev, I'll dig the logs out and forward.

Dave
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Possible explanation of the issue: when you install SQL Express (that comes with full Monitor installation), by default SQL Express Setup restricts remote connections to the database. So try using SQL Surface Area Configuration to allow remote connections and named pipes.
jcm4101
Novice

Post by jcm4101 »

Hey Gostev, thanks agaqin for the advice..
All set correct in Surface ares configurator..(I didn't have to change anything)
Allows remote connections vi anamed pipes and TCP/IP

Hmmmmmmm

D
ajdltd
Novice

Post by ajdltd »

Have you ensured that your database accounts are in sync within Veeam Monitor Settings Application under security ?