PowerShell script exchange
Rashad
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rashad

Automate Backup map existing job

Post by Rashad »

Hello, we have a problem. We need to take backup only as file to root directory of repository, not subfolders with job name. After opening case to veeam, they learn us, how to make backup without folder. this is a plan:
1.Create first backup job
2.Run once
3.Move files to root directory and delete folder with job name.
4.Delete excising backups from veeam console: Backups->Disk / Backups->Disk(copy)
5. rescan repository, then veeam find and add this backup from root folder and place it to Backups->Disk(imported)
6.Edit created job and map it to new imported backup.
7. Then on next run job will backup as a file to root directory.

So we would like to automate this process by powershell scripts. We can do all steps, except 6th. Because there is no any powershell command to do it as said veeam support.
May be someone on forum can help us, and show the way how to automate this process.
csydas
Expert
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Harvey Carel

Re: Automate Backup map existing job

Post by csydas »

Hi Rashad,

Forgive me for being very blunt, but why does it need to be in the root level? I am trying very hard to think of a reason for this set up and I just am coming up blank.
Rashad
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rashad

Re: Automate Backup map existing job

Post by Rashad »

Hi csydas,

Because we have one product for archiving files. We are configured NFS share from this server to Veeam Backup. Veeam backups to this nfs folder. Then this backup software monitors this folder and archives the files to secondary storage (it is tape). This backup software preserves inode filename and metadata on its original location but data block will be transfered to tape, but disadvantage of this product is that, it is backuping files only from configured root folder and doesnt see any folder inside the this folder. We are trying to resolve this problem also from this software side and speaking with their support, and also I have created this topic maybe it will be resolved by Veeam side.