Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TCore
Novice
Liked: never

RMAN Integration

Post by TCore »

Hi together,
I have a question about the RMAN Integration in Veeam. I also have an open case with the support about this Topic.
I created a Backup-to-disk-Job with our Oracle-VMs. This Job backups the Oracle archives every 60 minutes. The Jobs should delete the archives on the Oracle VM every 1 hour, but this is not working. So I opened a case at Veeam Support. They told me than the archives will only be deleted when the image-Level-backup of the vms is running, so for us every 24 hours. That means that the archives will stay on the server for 24 hours. This is not good for us, because some vms create a lot of archives and we don't have enough space on the disks for that. The original Oracle RMAN deletes the backuped archives immediately.
Does anyone have the same problems? How are you doing your Oracle RMAN backups with Veeam?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
TCore
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: RMAN Integration

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I am slightly confused with your question as Veeam does not provide Oracle RMAN integration in the shipping version?
TCore
Novice

Post by TCore »

Hi Gostev,
I mean the implemented RMAN application-aware-processing. I use this for the Oracle backups.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Post by Gostev »

Application-aware processing uses OCI (Oracle Command Line Interface), not RMAN. We're adding RMAN plug-in in the next update only, so switching to this one will provide you with the original experience. Alternatively, you can redirect those archives to the dedicated disk - if you have enough free space at least on some drives. Thanks!
TCore
Novice

Post by TCore »

Hello, I don't want to change to the original experience. I want to use Veeam for the oracle backups.
Can anybody tell my how you doing your oracle backups with veeam? Do you also have so many archives logs on your oracle vms?
Thanks.