Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
jojoba10
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon

Assigning old vbk files to new copy job

Post by jojoba10 »

For approximately one year we have used a copy job to create quarterly backup copies of select VMs (we only care to keep the quarterly vbk files). At some point a new copy job was created to replace the previous job. So now we have two backup copy chains for each VM. I have been using the vbk files for one of the smaller VMs in an attempt to consolidate the vbk files into the new copy job repo folder.
I have copied the vbk files marked with "Q" from the old job folder to the new job folder and deleted those same vbk files from the source. Performed a rescan of the repo. Go to files and navigating to the new copy job folder does show the copied files. Go to home, backups, disk(copy) and properties of the new copy job does not show the "Q" files from the old backup copy job. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Assigning old vbk files to new copy job

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Jon,

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: If I understood it correctly. Did you try this procedure? https://www.veeam.com/kb1729
jojoba10
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon

Post by jojoba10 »

I did, however under "Disk(imported)", I am attempting to "Remove from configuration" an old backup job listed. It does not produce an error, but the job is not removed from the console. I've opened a case with support to assist with this.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Jon,

Could you also let us know the support case number (and after that the outcome when the research is done by our engineers)?

Thanks a lot
Mike