Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Backup Enterprise Manager - anyone else see this?

Post by ejenner »

I've got an issue viewing the 'Reports' tab in Backup Enterprise Manager. Is it something I'm missing or something unique to my setup or can everybody see it?

I have around 80 jobs defined for this backup server I'm viewing the reports for.

The page only displays the first 25 jobs.

At the bottom it says Page 1 of 1.

If click the column for Job Name I can reverse the order the reports are displayed (i.e. A-Z or Z-A). After you reverse the order you see the jobs from the other end of the alphabetical list come onto the screen.

Still only Page 1 of 1 though.
driley
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dennis Riley

Re: Backup Enterprise Manager - anyone else see this?

Post by driley »

No issues for me, Veeam 9.5.U3 , 59 jobs, tested using both Google Chrome and I.E on a Windows 10 PC.
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

Good suggestion for trying an alternative browser. Didn't make any difference though. Also, other tabs work ok, you can browse to different pages in the lists.

I noticed something else weird when looking at the status of the server itself. I'm not sure if it's connected. But if it reckons it has 0 jobs and 0 machines that might have an effect on the ability of the following view to show more than one screen.

ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

Tried another computer as well... just in case. Ran it on the actual server itself and see exactly the same thing.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi EJ,

Have you had a chance to talk to our support team about this situation? If so, please post your case ID. I suppose some additional tests are required, and the first thing coming to my mind is EM and B&R servers reboot, but of course, it's recommended to have a talk with support guys before taking actions.

Thanks,
Fedor
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

It's far from major for me as I do everything through the B&R console. Will try a reboot.
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

Not fixed by rebooting. I'll leave it for a while as it isn't causing a problem. It might fix itself at some point. If we start using Enterprise Manager on a more regular basis then we'll see if there's a fix at the time.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi EJ,

Sad to see the suggestion did not work for you. Please reach out our support guys when you'll have time for a bit deeper investigation - they will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Fedor
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Dear EJ,

I have an additional question that might help us to shed the light on this situation.

Could you please let us know what jobs appear on the list when you reverse the order as you mentioned in your post. Are all of those Veeam Agent jobs managed by B&R server?

Thanks,
Fedor
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

We're up to 116 jobs now. This is a new implementation so at present all it has is VAW jobs. No VM jobs yet.

If you flip the name order column it will reverse the alphabetical order of the list and show the jobs listing Z-to-A instead.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Dear EJ,

Thanks for letting us know. Now it's clear.

This is a known limitation in B&R U3 and earlier versions - VAW jobs managed by B&R server are not displaying in the EM "Reports" tab, only VM jobs are supported. However, starting from the next version you'll be able to at least view and sort them - more support for Veeam Agents is coming.

Currently, you can operate the "Jobs" view of EM to get information about your Agent jobs managed by B&R.

Thanks,
Fedor
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

Hi Fedor, Thanks for that. So I'm not going mad?

We're fine with this as we're not really using the Enterprise Manager at this early stage of the deployment.