Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
aucesar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Augusto

Is it possible to merge VBK + VIB - Off site

Post by aucesar »

Hi,

I´m using version 9.5 and happy until my manager requests a solution to copy to an Offsite.

I know I can import my files VBK+VIB (and I have the VBM too) but the problem is, our link to the DR site has low bandwidth and we can improve it because there´s no provider to offer another solution.

I did a 1st full copy of the VBK and every day I copy the VIB, but this is growing and I want to know if there´s a way to merge VIB (aka synthetic full)? My concern is the corruption of one of the files (wan transfer), time to restore if needed and for sure save some storage space?

I read something related to create a job and change the retention, is this possible? If yes please give me details.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Is it possible to merge VBK + VIB - Off site

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Augusto,

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: If I understood it correctly, I think you might be best with working with a GFS schedule. Have a look at this blog: https://www.veeam.com/blog/backup-copy- ... -copy.html and the part under figure 4 and 5. I think this is what you are looking for

Let me know
Mike
aucesar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Augusto

Post by aucesar »

Hi Mike,

Almost there, but my Veeam servers aren´t connected I transfer bkps from srv1 to srv2 using an ftp so I need to merge on the DR site.

If I understood the Backup copy will generate and preserve the versions I choose, but this needs to come from a Job that already exists.

My final goal is to merge a "standalone" chain, without any relationship with it´s Jobs/server.

I´m imagining something more simple like " get-my-files -path this folder -merge -numberofversion 5" , I´m sure you got the idea.

Thanks for your time
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Augusto,

Hmmm. I think I understand what you want to do, but I am afraid that this is not possible at this point in time. There is no such manual way.
Sorry
Mike