Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
AUmonroe
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: AUmonroe

Agent will not deploy

Post by AUmonroe »

I am trying to deploy the Agent for Linux to a box and am running into a new issue that I can't seem to resolve.

I add the Host to the protection group, and assign the Key Pair we have stored in the creds manager.
When the host group rescan's it complete's successfully but tells me the "Backup Agent is not required" however the agent is not installed and is needed.
Same thing when I scan the just the host.

Strange.

Any Suggestions, TIA
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Agent will not deploy

Post by PTide »

Hi,

It's really weird. Does that happen with all systems, or just with that particular one? Would you provide some info on the distro and its kernel version, please? Also please contact our support directly, because even if the target host does not meet system requirements, your VBR server should have given you another error about incompatibility.

Thanks!
AUmonroe
Influencer

Post by AUmonroe »

yes I have a ticket opened, but I want to get this done before the weekend, and was hoping the community has seen this before.

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="14.04.5 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
kernel 4.4.0-134-generic
AUmonroe
Influencer

Post by AUmonroe »

So far this is the first system i've encountered this on.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

This one should work...The only assumption that I have is that someone has tried to install the agent manually on that machine before and there are some leftovers that VBR thinks are an actual agent.
You can also try to install the agent manually on that server and pull it under management mode after that.

Thanks!
AUmonroe
Influencer

Post by AUmonroe »

After an manual install how would one: "pull it under management mode after that."
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Add it into a protection group or as an individual server. VBR should detect that the agent is already installed (just like as it "did" in your case, but at this time the agent will be there for real).

Thanks