Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Kazz
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Kazz Beck

Broken replication jobs after vCenter replacment [BUG]

Post by Kazz »

All of our replication jobs seem to be broken after vCenter was replaced with an appliance.

I didn't expect veeam to know how to find the VMs in the new vcenter since it was not a straight upgrade. So I took the time to go though all jobs, remove the VMs that were added via the old vcenter and re-add them using the new vcenter. When highlighting the vm inside the replication job it does show the correct path to the VM. New-vcenter\DataCenter\Cluster\VM

When I start the updated job it fails with the following error " Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond "

Looking at the log for the job, I am still seeing references to the old vcenter
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Broken replication jobs after vCenter replacment [BUG]

Post by Gostev »

Normally you should use vCenter migration script to update VM references in the configuration database (search Veeam KB for the script).

However, I believe the error you're getting is generic and unrelated anyway. Try creating a new job with one VM and see if it works?
Kazz
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Kazz Beck

Post by Kazz »

Yes, new replication jobs work fine.

What I am trying to say is GUI does not have the old vcenter listed anywhere in the job, however it's trying to get the info for the VM via the removed vcenter
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

There might be some stalled references to old vCenter in product database. If you want to double check that, kindly, open a ticket with our support team and let them investigate that directly. Thanks!