Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ryancoeit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Coe

Setup Best Practice Advice

Post by ryancoeit »

Hello

My name is ryan and this is my first post on a veeam forum, i have a NFR licence for training and im looking to configure veeam in the following way if possible:

Site 1: ESXI host with 3 VM's, This ESXI host will host all required veeam components, 2 physical pcs backed up to a local NAS both at the OS level and file based level

Site 2: ESXI Host with 2 VM's and 3 physical pc's backed up to a local NAS both at the file system and OS level.

My question is can this be managed and implemented from site 1 or do i need to have veeam installed locally at site 2

I apologise for the newbie question, ive just begun my training.

Kind Regards

Ryan
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Setup Best Practice Advice

Post by wishr »

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Veeam community forums and thanks for posting.

Logically, from Veeam B&R point of view, it's possible to deploy all the B&R components at VMs, you may even deploy all the components at a single VM (simple, "All-in-one" scenario) for training purpose or you could have a distributed setup and split the components between different VMs if you'd like to dive a little deeper and prepare for a real deployment. However, the configuration you require to set up depends on the specifics of your environment. To name a few its network, subnets your hosts are running in, firewall configuration, etc., and how all these things are meeting B&R setup prerequisites.

Apart from the documentation by the links above we would recommend you to take a look at this FAQ and our Best Practices portal. Also, there is a bunch of useful information on these forums and you may use the forum search to find out answers to your questions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Fedor