Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

ScaleOut Free Space Issue

Post by jmc »

hello @all

We have created a scale-out repository with 7 storages/extends. Each extend with 8 TB total. We run a backup job with about 150 VM's to this repository. We use the Enterprise Plus version of B&R v9.5 U3a. The job was set to create individual VM files. The repository has the setting to distribute "Performance" to all extends.

At the beginning of the backup, all extends have about 2 TB free. The space is reduced in the course of the backup. 6 extends now have 1.8 TB, one extent 430 GB and the last only 4.2 MB.

The backup job now terminates with the message that a VM cannot be backed up because there is not enough space left on the extent (which has 4.2 MB).

I don't understand why. On the other Extends there is more than enough free space.

Can it be that at the beginning of the backup he already creates targets for the files and if in the state of the backup the extent is now full he can no longer switch to another extent?

How can I solve the problem of WITHOUT creating separate backup jobs?

Thx a lot
Jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: ScaleOut Free Space Issue

Post by Gostev »

Hello Jeff, please include the Veeam support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Access to debug logs is essential to understand what is going on in case of problems. Thanks!
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 387 times

Post by mkretzer »

I am having a similar issue. 2 extends, one with 13 TB free, one with 59 TB. Data is still written to the 13 TB disk.

Support case 03281652.

Markus
jmc
Service Provider

Post by jmc »

I am opened a support case: 03281556.

Jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
jmc
Service Provider

Post by jmc » 1 person likes this post

hello,

i got the solution from support and it fixed my issue:

https://www.veeam.com/kb2282

jeff