Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
andrea.urbani
Lurker
Liked: never

03204285 - drivers injection during restore from backup

Post by andrea.urbani »

I've experienced some troubles during restore from backup (full computer); the difficulties were created by the driver injection, set as default, and "hidden" inside tools. Once disabled drivers injection, everything went fine. I ask that for full restore from backup (in my case were a laptop with disk failure), the option is not a default, and not "hidden", because in this scenario in my experience the drivers injection cause a not booting system.
Thank you, Andrea
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: 03204285 - drivers injection during restore from backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrea.

Was the recovery media used for restore created on the original machine you were restoring? Thanks!
andrea.urbani
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by andrea.urbani »

No, in was created by another machine (working).
Thank you, Andrea
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the heads up. It's recommended to keep Recovery Media per machine (as a result you wont have any issues with drivers being incompatible). In case you want to create a generic version of Recovery Media it's also possible: just disable the 'Include hardware drivers from this computer' checkbox and you wont have the machines drivers collected (and injected).