Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Forever Notified About Failed Jobs

Post by mkaec »

Each day I get an email status from Veeam Enterprise Manager.

The subject gives me the last 24 hours of errors warnings and successes. Example:
Last 24 hours: 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 13 Successes

The body gives me the last results of the jobs. Example:
Summary of last sessions for all jobs:
2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 16 Successes

A couple of times now, I have run into a situation in which a job failed, and I just disabled the job. Perhaps it failed because there was only one VM in it and that VM has been retired. The daily email will forever keep telling me that the job had an error. That's a true statement, but is there a way to convince it to let go of old disabled jobs? That example job of having one VM in it might be useful again for another VM. So, I don't want to delete it. And I may want to continue holding on to the restore points for a while.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Forever Notified About Failed Jobs

Post by foggy »

Hi Marc, do you mean the job that didn't run during last 24 hours is included in the report?
mkaec
Veteran

Post by mkaec »

Yes. If a job fails today and I disable it, the email notification will still be telling me about it a week from now.

I've been trying to turn off a BCJ, but I can't get a success result. It gets stuck waiting on some of the VMs and ends up in a warning state when I disable it. Then the email notification keeps telling me one job ended in a warning.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Just to clarify, since you've mentioned two different reports, one of which contains information about job runs during last 24 hours and the other (the one from Enterprise Manager) - last job session results. The second one indeed includes disabled jobs and this is expected.
mkaec
Veteran

Post by mkaec »

I mentioned two items, but it is one email. The "last 24 hours" stats show in the subject and the "last job session" status is in the body.

Being expected or "by design" doesn't guarantee that the design is good. If I disable a job in response to the job failing, I really don't want to hear about that job again unless I enable it.

But, the documentation states "Job which were in "Disabled" status for the last session will be also included." I would argue that if I disabled a job 2 weeks ago, it was not part of the "last" session that ran the night before.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

By session it means the session of this particular job - the last one ever. I got your concern, more flexibility is available in the Veeam ONE Backup Job Historical Information report.
mkaec
Veteran

Post by mkaec »

I don't see a way to change the body of the job summary email notification. It looks like that part is fixed.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

Please let me know if I am missing something.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Right, you can change subject only.
mkaec
Veteran