Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
asenerchia
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alesandro Senerchia

GFS Monthly schedule different for 2 jobs

Post by asenerchia »

Good day,

I have started to use tape backups with Veeam BR&R 9.5 u3a. I've set up 2 GFS media pool and disabled all other retention de keeps only the monthly for 24 months (run on first day of the month).
I configured the tape backup jobs (VM to Backup), to use their respectives media pools but for an unknown reason, 2 jobs that are set for Friday to be run, shows that they will run about 1 week after.
There are others jobs using the same media pool and the next run time is set properly.

How can I go about to fix this issue.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: GFS Monthly schedule different for 2 jobs

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alesandro.

The day when restore point should be placed in GFS media pool should be configured in tape job schedule. Can you please check the current setup and let us know what day is set there? Thanks!
asenerchia
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alesandro Senerchia

Post by asenerchia »

I misread the first friday of december and it does indeed fall on the 2 week of december, so my configuration was OK.
Now, the first saturday and sunday of december fall on the first weekend of the month of december... but all thoses jobs should run the 2nd week, to be aligned with the first friday of the month.... the only way would be to change the configuration manually for thoses few exceptions a month.

Is there any other way to do this or just continue changing the schedule manually?

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Alesandro,

Thanks for the details. You can do the Active Full backup on the desired day (but that would not cancel the full backup for the following week). Another idea might be to use the custom PowerShell script to trigger Active Full backup for the GFS according to the custom schedule. Cheers!