Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
stvajnkf
Enthusiast
Liked: 15 times

REQ: Show total size of Repository

Post by stvajnkf »

Please add somewhere to the program, maybe the Repository list, the total size of the repository (compressed and uncompressed if possible). As it is, I have to go to Windows Explorer and right click on the folder to see the size of the repo.

Other users who have multiple backup jobs storing their data into a single repository might also want to see the total size of each backup job individually on the Backup Job list.

To be clear, I know we can see the amount of data transferred during a backup job execution, but I'm talking about the total size of all the data associated with that backup job's entire history (minus any data that has been purged due to retention policy, etc).
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Re: REQ: Show total size of Repository

Post by falkob » 1 person likes this post

Maybe have a look at my script.
Each folder represents 1 Backup Job. So you can run the script to verifiy which folder/backup job uses which amount of storage.

post279486.html#p279486

Does this help ?
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Stvanjnkf,

We are building a report as we speak specifically to see the storage size and growth of a repository (no ETA promised though ;-)). At this point in time, we are only looking at the repository level and not (yet) at the job level. But you are absolutely right that we need to grow this type of reporting in the future and we certainly will.

@Falko: Thanks for chiming in and giving the script! Really appreciated. However, that script is for Veeam Backup and Replication repositories and not for VBO repositories which are a bit different ;-)
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Post by falkob » 1 person likes this post

@Mike Resseler,

sorry ! Of course VBO repos work completely different as VBR Repos. Did not read close enough.
Maybe i'll give my script a workaround for VBO repositories.
Thanks !
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 2 people like this post

@Falko,

No apologies needed. On the contrary, we like scripts such as yours (a lot) :-). And yes, if you would build one for VBO repositories I would be very interested!
stvajnkf
Enthusiast
Liked: 15 times

Post by stvajnkf » 1 person likes this post

Yes, thank you falkob for helping the community by sharing your scripts.

And thanks Mike for understanding and sharing the plans for future improvements. I'm just a demo user for now, trying to decide if I should switch from CodeTwo's software or not. The main thing I like about Veeam's software over CodeTwo's is that it uses a few large database files instead of millions of individual files, one for each email. CodeTwo has rejected my request for consolidating their repository for over a year. Good day :)