Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Successful continuous backup copy job not displayed under Successful

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Just a design issue perhaps, but we have five continuous backup copy jobs that run at midnight and it completes successfully, but the Last 24 Hours - Success section has one backup copy "success", so when I look it appears that the backup copy jobs haven't run because only one is under Success or Warning, and when I click on Last 24 Hours itself then it has an icon with two ZZ like it is sleeping (Idle). Clicking on the job it then says it ran successfully at midnight. I find this layout confusing.

Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Successful continuous backup copy job not displayed under Successful

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
you have one backup copy job in Success state. When did it run, also during midnight with 5 others?
Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Those with two ZZ have not completed and are in an idle state, which means they have started but wait for restore points, for example - you can see the actual reason in the job session (right-click it and select Statistics).
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Shestakov wrote: Nov 14, 2018 12:10 amHello,
you have one backup copy job in Success state. When did it run, also during midnight with 5 others?
Thanks!
Unfortunately I can no longer say as 24 hours have past and the data is no longer available. What I can say is that there are only five backup copies each night. There are also three backups (one of the backups only runs on a Sunday) and one replication.

Today there are eight items under Last 24 Hours (five backup copies, two backups, one replication), two under Success (one replication and one backup) and one under Warning (one backup).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The others must be in Idle state then, which is expected if the interval has started but nothing copied yet.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

foggy wrote: Nov 16, 2018 10:20 amThose with two ZZ have not completed and are in an idle state, which means they have started but wait for restore points, for example - you can see the actual reason in the job session (right-click it and select Statistics).
All of the Backup Copies are always in the Idle state. I've just run them manually and I still don't see them under Success, yet when they fail I see them under Failed.

Today the USB drive that they back up to ran out of free disk space so all the backup copies failed as they went to start the merge process. I stopped ("Disable") all the backup copies and deleted the backup copies of one of the less important VMs on the USB drive, then one by one I enabled them and told them to sync. They have all finished, but all are in the Idle state, and none have reported a Successful state. Under LAST RESULT it still says Failed even though it successfully backed up to the USB drive and completed the merge.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

I have opened Ticket #03692082