Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
skate88
Influencer
Liked: never

teams mailboxes failing to backup

Post by skate88 »

for over 6 days have been receiving this error on mailboxes created in MS Teams
the first day 3 , then 6 and now 14

Processing mailbox "EMAIL ADDRESS OF TEAMS GROUP" failed with error: Failed to access mailbox.. The specified object was not found in the store., Can't connect to the mailbox of user Mailbox database guid: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" because the ExchangePrincipal object contains outdated information. The mailbox may have been moved recently.

Veeam sport said it was perhaps because the mailboxes have been moved and I should just wait, I would assume the ones that started failing 6 days ago should have come right by now?

this is the closest I can find to the problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... esexchange
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: teams mailboxes failing to backup

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Skate88,

This seems to be happening indeed (and a lot) and while I would have expected it to go away after 6 days, I heard from other sources that the move apparently goes rather slow. Since it doesn't affect Outlook and OWA, they seem to be not rushing things (too bad for us I'm afraid)

Please keep us posted for now on the progress. While I don't think it is necessary at this moment, if the # of mailboxes grows and doesn't become smaller, I might need to ask our support to contact Microsoft.

Thanks
Mike