Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Berkovska
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Berkovska

|Feature request| populate available volume

Post by Berkovska » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
Was wondering if its possible to add an ability to populate a list of available volumes when creating Agent jobs from B&R server.
Its possible when you create backup from Agent directly - you can see and choose from all the partitions in the list, would be cool to incorporate it into B&R agent jobs.
Thank you.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: |Feature request| populate available volume

Post by ejenner » 1 person likes this post

I can see why you might want this... but if you think about the time when this screen is displayed... it's because you've decided to perform a volume backup. That means you already know you're intending to backup particular volumes. If you didn't know which volumes you wanted to backup you would do an 'entire computer' job. Then you might say... ah, but if I can see which drives are available I can select the drives I want... but how do you know which drives you want without going back to the source machine to see what those drives are. You don't want to backup an external USB drive or some non-critical drive by mistake instead of the critical data you actually wanted. So then after 'populating' the list you would require a further facility which would tell you at the very least the label on the drive, but maybe the type and contents as well?

Just strikes me as a bit shortsighted to want the ability to blindly select volumes when you've decided to choose a volume backup.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

I believe Berkovska mainly asking for the ability to browse the content of the machine while adding machine to the agent job. In some cases such request makes sense, so consider your vote been added. Cheers!
Berkovska
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Berkovska

Post by Berkovska »

Thank you Dima!