Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ewing.ng
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ewing Ng

Veeam restore not show detail information for audit

Post by ewing.ng »

Hi All

I can restore file from Veeam but it doesn't have detail log for audit.
Such as
Restore which server and file.

Then I open case to support who reply can ref file under C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\FLRSessions\Windows
>>
[14.09.2018 14:34:05] Info Starting Copy to operation: [Source Full Path]: C:\VeeamFLR\XXXXXXXX.XXXXX.com_7ebbc17e\Volume7\London Apps\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXX\XXXXX\XXXXXXXXX.xlsb, [Target Full Path]: C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Desktop

[14.09.2018 14:34:05] Info Copied item "C:\VeeamFLR\XXXXXXXX.XXXXX.com_7ebbc17e\Volume7\London Apps\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXX\XXXXX\XXXXXXXXX.xlsb" (path "C:\VeeamFLR\XXXXXXXX.XXXXX.com_7ebbc17e\Volume7\London Apps\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXX\XXX\XXXXX\XXXXXXXXX.xlsb") to "C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\Desktop" (path "C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\Desktop")

I believe above log file not user friendly. Any idea ?

I suggest Veeam to improve it
Rick.Vanover
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times
Full Name: Rick Vanover

Re: Veeam restore not show detail information for audit

Post by Rick.Vanover »

Hi Edwin - have you looked at the Restore Operator Activity report in Veeam ONE (if you have it licensed)? It provides a bit more detail in regards to all restores. I like to recommend this report be automated and sent to backup staff as well as IT security staff.

Specifically for file level restore details, this is shown in in the history of the job. The statistic view of the session history in the main B&R UI - not in the log. There you can see the "Restored Items" and see the file names (original path - and where restore to).
R.Stuivenberg
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Stuivenberg

Post by R.Stuivenberg »

Hi All,

I have also a question about Restore Reports, because it is not there.
Veeam can generate a report for backup, but when you want to see more information from a restore you only have the statistics and no option to generate a report.

Yes, you can see the restored items there but it would be great if you can generate a report from all restore actions that has been done like you also can do for the backup.
Now you have to take a screenshot for all restores one by one.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Richard, thanks for your feedback, it is always appreciated. As mentioned, currently restore activity can be monitored through the Veeam ONE Restore Operator Activity report.