Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Oerten
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Fredrik Örtenholm

Problem Restoring SQL through Guest Integration Proxy

Post by Oerten »

Hi,

I'm working at a Service Provider and we are using Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 for our backup.
We are just trying to implement Application Aware backups from our isolated backup environment through a Veeam Guest Integration Proxy. Which is working great.

The VBR-server are located at a isolated subnet.
The tenant are located in another subnet.

The problem occurs now when I'm testing a restore of a DB.
Trying to restore through the Veeam Guest Integration Proxy. Have installed Veeam Backup & Replication Console on the Veeam Guest Integration Proxy and are connecting to the VBR-server from there.
Works fine and are getting the related restorepoint succesfully in the Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server.

Can connect to the target VM which is at the same subnet as the Veeam Guest Integration Proxy.

The error I'm getting is:

Failed to mount backup on mount server localhost: The network path was not found.
The network path was not found. (ERROR_BAD_NETPATH)
Error code: 0x00000035

Failed to create persistent connection to ADMIN$ shared folder on host [xx.xx.xx.xx].
Failed to install service [VeeamDeploySvc] was not installed on host [xx.xx.xx.xx]

What am I doing wrong?
Have I missed some firewall ports?

The VBR-server are not suppose to connect to the tenant subnet (except with Veeam Guest Integration Proxy).

Which ports are required for the this functionality?

Really need some help in this.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Problem Restoring SQL through Guest Integration Proxy

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Fredrik,

When you perform file-level restore or application item restore, Veeam Backup & Replication needs to mount the content of the backup file to a staging server, and in this case to the original VM to restore to the Microsoft SQL Server.

Here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... r=95#guest

You will see that there is a special part (Microsoft SQL Server Connections During Application Item Restore) where it states the ports needed to connect to the guest VM with SQL server from the backup server.

Hope it helps
Mike