Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
ecl
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: ECL

Suppressing Alerts

Post by ecl »

Hi All,

I hope you can help.

I am newbie and running version 5.6.0.696 on SCOM 2007 R2 monitoring a number of ESX hosts thru V Center.

I find when there is a fault on one of the ESX host I get sent the same alert every minute or two non-stop until the problem is fixed. This issue is causing us problems as we end up with thousands of alerts and flooding SCOM.

E.g.

Date and Time: 22/04/2011 03:31:05
Log Name: nworksEventLog
Source: nworksSource
Event Number: 282
Level: 2
Logging Computer: mgmt-14..x.com
User: N/A
Description:
[GeneralHostWarningEvent] Issue detected on esxi-02.x.com in XYZ powerPath: EmcpEsxLogEvent: Error:Mpx:Path vmhba2:C0:T1:L6 to CKM00103800XXXX is dead. (27:13:36:13.964 cpu6:4801) This event is generated by vCenter For more information see http://veeam.com/support/events.aspx?EvtID=282

The above alert is from the V Centre - is there a way to suppress this until the problem is fixed?

Thanks

ECL
Irina Simkina
Enthusiast
Full Name: Irina Simkina

Re: Suppressing Alerts

Post by Irina Simkina »

Hello,

Since this is the general host event it's not possible just to disable it otherwise it will disable all other possible Hosts general events.
in the nworks MP the suppression of the VC events is performed by the event text. And in your example looks like the text is different and that's why it couldn't be suppressed automatically.
Could you please compare texts of these events to find out if there a difference.

Thank you,
Irina
ecl
Lurker
Full Name: ECL

Re: Suppressing Alerts

Post by ecl »

Hi Irina,

You are right. I only just noticed that when looking carefully that the last line is different

(27:13:36:13.964 cpu6:4801)

However, I don't know what it is this CPU thing... ?

Thanks

ECL