PowerShell script exchange
DenG
Novice
Liked: never

Restore Oracle Instance 11.2.0.3 on W2K3 R2

Post by DenG »

Hi,

As we had to change our backup solution, I try to backup old Oracle instances in 11.2.0.3 on a Windows 2003 R2 server with Veeam. Backup of 3 instances is okay.
Now I test the restore operation :
- using Veeam GUI : restoring an instance on the same server with the same name is ok.
- using Veeam GUI : restoring an instance on the same server but duplicating it on another instance is okay.
- using Veeam Powershell script : restoring an instance on the same server with the same name is ok.
- using Veeam Powershell script : restoring an instance on the same server but duplicating it on another instance aborts. The script works perfectly : it drops the old database and duplicates database files on the another instance but at end the restored database is cleared.
I tried a lot of parameters combinations with the start-VBROracleDataseRestore applet but without success, the script aborts always in the same way.
I compared the logs. At a moment, the Veam GUI does not make the same operation than using Powershell script : this one created a veeam_temp2 directory and after clears the duplicated instances.

We use Veeam 9.5 and HyperV.

Did you have the same problem ?
Thank's

Den
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Restore Oracle Instance 11.2.0.3 on W2K3 R2

Post by Andreas Neufert »

As nobody answered... I do not have this in my lab. But if UI process it correctly and powershell not, I would open a support ticket and reference it here.

Will check with support then (this is not a support forum).
DenG
Novice

Post by DenG »

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your answer.

I contacted Veeam's support one week ago. They gave me a solution.
I had to add this in the script :
$int = Get-VBROracleDatabaseRestoreInterval -Database $db
$int
and add this parameter in the Start-VBROracleDatabaseRestore command :
-ToPointInTime $int.ToUTC

For other scripts with Windows 2008R2 or Windows 2012R2 and Oracle 11.2.04 or Oracle 12.2.0.1 I don't use this parameter and it's ok.
I thank Veeam's support because they helped me when Windows 2003R2 is not supported in this case.

Regards

Denis
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Perfect, thanks for the follow up. Can you please add the support ticket number here so that the Veeam team can look it up when someone else has similar issues?
DenG
Novice

Post by DenG »

Hi Andreas,

The case # is 03270579 but all the discussion is in french ... :o

Regards

Denis