Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kolumbo
Novice
Liked: never

Reconfigured and renamed backups

Post by Kolumbo »

A while back, I created backups that contained groups of servers of a certain type. I then changed the names of the backups, as well as the servers being backed up in each.
Now, when I click on the the backups item in the Veeam home tab, I see the old jobs with the old groups of servers it backed up.

The old jobs continue to make incremental backups and I do not see any of the new backups jobs listed in this view. Ideally I'd see the current backup names and the new server groupings for each backup and none of the previous jobs.

I have seen documentation about renaming a backup, but what is the best way to correct the group of servers that are associated with each new new group?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Reconfigured and renamed backups

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Kolumbo.

Is that VM backup or agent backup (when saying groups are you referring to Protection Groups for agent backups)? Thanks!
Kolumbo
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Kolumbo »

Sorry - VM Backup.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Then please elaborate on what have you renamed and how, since it is not clear what do you mean by groups. A couple of samples (or better screenshots) would help a lot. Thanks!