Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
StrangerX
Lurker
Liked: never

Trouble with backup

Post by StrangerX »

Hello! Our server shut down with error "Kernel Panic", I decided to restore backup. I'am boot server from veeam-recovery-media-2.0.1.665_x86_64.iso, select shared folder with backup -> and select restore all disc. After that, process will start, after some time i see error (photo).

What wrong? What i need do start recover from backup?
Thank you.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Trouble with backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Code: Select all

Reconnectable protocol device was closed.
This generic error notation that is used in almost all of our products usually indicates that something is not OK on the network level. As the last message says, you should be able to find restore logs on the repository (shared folder) where you tried to restore the backup from. It would be better to open a case with our support team and let them take a closer look at the log, as it is quite difficult to troubleshoot such issues over forum. Support team might be able to ssh into the recovery media via ssh (if you allow port forwarding for them in your firewall or agree to have a webex session). When you open a case, please post your case ID for future reference.

P.S. The support team usually responds fast, however I'd advice you to get any liveCD of your choice and try performing restore from there in order to narrow the search scope (I've sent you the private message with instruction).

Thanks!
StrangerX
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by StrangerX »

Now i download veeam backup on usb hdd, run restore from local disk and again this error.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Then you should definitely contact our support team as such kind of things require log review.

Thanks