Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RoyLittle0
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roy Littlewood

NAS recommendations for SBS

Post by RoyLittle0 »

Hi All,

I am new to using veeam, currently we use windows server 2008 R2 backup to an external USB HDD, these are rotated and taken off site, which is a pain as it needs to be added each time back to the backup

We are a small company and manage the IT in house, we have a single server that hosts the file server, DNS, DC and print server, emails are now moving to Office 365, I need to add an NAS that can be used with veeam that will allow users to remove a HDD each week and take it off site, is there a reasonably priced (under £2k) that anyone has used with good effect, any sugestions welcome before I commit to the new hardware?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: NAS recommendations for SBS

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Roy.

Are you going to use Veeam Agent for Windows to backup this server?
veeam that will allow users to remove a HDD each week and take it off site
Have you considered using some RDX system instead of NAS? Cheers!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: NAS recommendations for SBS

Post by Gostev »

RoyLittle0 wrote: Nov 22, 2018 3:08 pmcurrently we use windows server 2008 R2 backup to an external USB HDD, these are rotated and taken off site, which is a pain as it needs to be added each time back to the backup
I would say this is by far the most commonly used approach, specifically because how easy to use it is. Can you clarify what is a pain specifically?

And also, how the other approach you're thinking of would be any different? Both seem to be literally the same in terms what users have to do, so I think there's a disconnect somewhere in your description.