Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MantenSup
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Heinrich Manten

Error when restoring backup with bare metal recovery

Post by MantenSup »

Hello,

I have an error, when trying to restore an entire laptop on a new laptop with same hw specs and model.

1. Install fresh image with windows
2. Install Veeam agent
3. Run full backup
4. On a different touchpc but same model and specs, connect the USB with the backup and a usb stick with the veeam on it.
5. Choose Bare metal recovery
6. Get an error Server localhost does not exist or access denied. Check firewall settings
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error when restoring backup with bare metal recovery

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Heinrich.
Server localhost does not exist or access denied.
Can you please elaborate when you get this error? While browsing for backup file? Thanks.
jungg
Lurker
Full Name: Gerd Jung

Post by jungg »

Hi,
I get the same error message. The error occurs, after I click on the "BareMetal Recovery" Button when the Environment is finished.
By the way: It takes more than 10 minutes from starting the PC to the environment is ready. Thats not good.
Is there something in the BIOS/UEFI to configure that the Veeam Environment from USB-Recovery-Stick starts faster?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Gerd.

You got this error while creating recovery media (in Create Recovery Media wizard) or you see this after recovery media was booted and you were performing recovery? If possible please add the screenshot of this error? Thank you for the clarification.
labsy
Influencer
Full Name: Andrej Pirman

Post by labsy »

I've just ran into the same error when running RECOVERY with Veeam Agent for Win 2.2 latest version:
  • I've got backup on USB 3.0 and recovery media on another bootable USB 3.0 key
  • UEFI booted new computer (SAME hardware) with USB recovery
  • Waaaaaiting 10 or more minutes to get to 3 choices list, where I could click on BARE METAL recovery
  • Waiting 5 or more minutes...
  • then instead of Wizard to pick Local or Network location, Error pops-up:
Popup window on blank green screen:

Code: Select all

Veeam Agent For Microsoft Windows
Server 'localhost' does not exist or access denied.
Check firewall settings.
Call was canceled with the message filter. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010002 (RPC_E_CALL_CANCELED))
Interesting:
I've done 12 machines "cloning" using the SAME USB source and USB boot disk. All 12 machines are exact the same specs, all brand new.
Error prevented me to clone some 4 of those machines. Never figured out what it was wrong or different on those machines.
I even noted phisical ports I plugged USBs in, so to be the same accoss the machines, but some simply did not pass.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrej.

On Recovery media boot screen please click the network icon and make sure the network configuration is set correctly (to double check the network location is visible you can do ping from command line utility)? Thanks!
labsy
Influencer
Full Name: Andrej Pirman

Post by labsy »

Hi Dima,
well, problems with network driver are the reason I use USB instead of Network backup location. I've tried to load all possible (correct) network drivers to Recovery Media, but network does not work on ANY of those brand new machines. When boot media tries to load network drivers, I get one of these errors:

Code: Select all

Failed to install driver. Error code: ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST or ERROR_NO_DEVICE_ID
So, as I say, I switched over to backup on USB media...
...but on SOME of cases, as told, the OP error pops up about "localhost" not found, which is probably network related. So I am stuck there.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Andrej,

Thank you for the clarification. Since I still out of ideas on why you get this message, may I ask you to raise a support case and share the case ID with us? Thank you.
tfgps
Lurker

Post by tfgps »

I am experiencing this EXACT same error, fresh install on a Posiflex Touchscreen computer, long boot times, exact same error message.
Have tried two different USBs and tried in both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports.
I am at a loss of what is wrong here.
Was this issue ever resolved? I would love to know a solution.
Thanks very much.
zbkdon
Lurker
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Steffen Bee

Post by zbkdon » 2 people like this post

PLease dont delete:
I solved this problem by installing a fresh win10 install.
after installation complete I rebooted directly into veaam recovery from usb stick and the mentioned error didn´t appear

Good luck

SB