Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JamesMcG
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: James McGuinness

Agent Copy Job stuck on different block size

Post by JamesMcG »

I've created a new Copy Job for some workstation Agents jobs, to off site a few key workstations. Only one out of the 6 is working however, all the others are in a pending state of "Source backup file has different block size. Expected block size: 512, actual: ([backup name: Backup Job PCNAME, block size: 1024]) ". I tried disabling de-dupe and compression on the copy job itself, didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Agent Copy Job stuck on different block size

Post by Dima P. »

Hello James,

Can you please clarify if the storage optimization value (i.e. block size) was modified on the agent side between the backup copy job runs? Thanks!
JamesMcG
Enthusiast

Post by JamesMcG »

This is a new copy job, so no they weren't modified as this was the first copy. I checked the agents and notice 3 of the troublesome are set to 'Local Target' (by my colleague) and the only working one (mine) is set to 'LAN Target'.

Is it as simple as changing the target type on the copy job, or do I go through the agents and change them to LAN?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

James,

Backup Copy job will fail with the error above as multiple backup files in the single backup chain have different block size values, so backup copy job cannot transfer them correctly. To fix this issue you need to perform an Active full backup on the agent side after the block size value was modified. Thanks!
JamesMcG
Enthusiast

Post by JamesMcG »

Thanks for that tip! I change my Agent job to 'Local Target' and ran an Active full. The copy job is still running now but I'm 1/2 way through and it's looking good.