Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
cyaz
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

vSphere host hardware disk monitoring on v8 MP

Post by cyaz »

Hi,

I've been using the v8 MP for a few months now and it has been working fine.
I have not enabled CIM hardware monitoring.

I've recently faced an issue with the RAID on one of our vsphere host, which was reported on vcenter sensors but not on SCOM.

So I checked the monitors targeted to Host Hardware Sensors Container and couldn't find anything related to Disks, which seems to be confirmed by the user guide ( http://helpcenter.veeam.com/mp/80/vmwar ... ainer.html ).
However, I think I remember this was monitored on previous versions of the MP, which also seems to be confirmed by v7 user guide : http://helpcenter.veeam.com/mp/70/vmwar ... jects.html

So, am I missing something here?
How can I be alerted when there is an issue with the physical storage? Do I have to enable CIM hardware monitoring?

Thanks!
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Hardware host disk monitoring on v8 MP

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

It's a very good questions and thank you for performing an additional research on this. I have to admit that your are absolutely correct and not missing anything - it's our Management Pack that is missing a disk sensor alarm monitor. This is a known issue for V8, there is a workaround - you can use a separate MP - it's an example MP which duplicates functionality of disk sensor status. In the future update we are going to bring the monitor for this sensor back.

Please accept our apologies for missing this issue, we will fix it as soon as we can. And there is a workaround in the meantime.
Let me know if thee is anyhting else I can help you with.
Thanks.
cyaz
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: vSphere host hardware disk monitoring on v8 MP

Post by cyaz »

Thanks for the quick reply!
tom_nl
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times

Post by tom_nl »

Hi,
Is this already integrated in the current MP, or do we need the seperate MP still?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Tom,

Absolutely, it is included in the current MP version (v8 update 6). The name of the monitor is now "Veeam VMware: Host Storage Status Alarm".

BR,
Fedor