Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ificons
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: ificons

Cloud Connect BaaS

Post by ificons »

Hi, there is some one that use Cloud Connect with BaaS.
I need to clarify some details.

If i use this configuration (Veeam B&R on customer side connect to a Cloud Connect, only in BaaS mode) on customer side there is a Console that manage directly local Veeam B&R?

If there is (temporaly) no connection to the Cloud Connect, the Veeam on customer side are running anyway performing backup, restore or other task.

thanks in advance,

Andrea
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Cloud Connect BaaS

Post by wishr »

Hi,

Yes, there is a Console on the customer end as well as B&R Server, Proxy, and in most cases Repository. Basically, In order to use Cloud Connect, you have to utilize B&R Console in order to add an SP's Gateway.

Yes, if there are some connectivity issues preventing connection to the SP's Gateway a customer is still able to use his on-premise B&R infrastructure if the components are not affected by the connectivity issue, and utilize the data stored locally.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can leverage a feature called Remote Access Console that provides access to the tenant backup server. Its communication with tenant's infrastructure is based on usage of network redirector compoment (which minimizes number of ports needed to be open between sites).

To enable this feature select Allow this Veeam Backup & Replication installation to be managed by the service provider option in SP's wizard at tenant's side.

Thanks!
ificons
Service Provider

Post by ificons »

Thanks a lot for the answers.
To clarify if i understand:
On customer side i install a "classic" Veeam B&R Server with he default Console, install license BaaS, connect to SP (Allow this Veeam Backup & Replication installation to be managed by the service provider or not).
Customer can use the local console to manage his Veeam B&R Server without limitation even if there is no (temporary) connection to SP Gateway.

On SP side if i select "Allow this Veeam Backup & Replication installation to be managed by the service provider" the SP can manage customer Veeam B&R Server through his system (Remote Access Console) with some limitation (i find documentation online) or connect via RDP.

Correct?

How many time i can stay without a connection to SP Gateway?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct?
Yes.
How many time i can stay without a connection to SP Gateway?
Backups pointed to local repositories will work without any issue no matter how long connection to gateway will be unavailable. Remote Console as well as jobs pointed to Cloud Connect infrastructure will fail without this connection, though.

Thanks!
ificons
Service Provider

Post by ificons » 1 person likes this post

Thank you very much