Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
bdoe
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Bryan

CentOS 7.5: [error] snapshot deadlock detected

Post by bdoe »

I have a new CentOS 7.5 workstation that was able to back up a few times, then started throwing this error. I've seen some other threads asking if AV was present, but those were always a no - this system is running Sophos for Linux, so maybe it's related, although I have not seen issues with other workstations running 7.5. I've tried reinstalling Veeam but have not done much else yet. Backups have failed to an external drive as well as a secondary internal drive. It's a free license so I know I don't have many support options. I exported the logs but haven't looked through them much yet. Any pointers?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: CentOS 7.5: [error] snapshot deadlock detected

Post by wishr »

Hi Bryan,

Please make sure you use the latest VAL version and take a look at that thread.

Also, could you please send the logs to our support team via common channels. It's possible to get help even if you are on a Free version! Please do not forget to post your case ID here once you get it, so we'll be aware of the progress.

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

<...>this system is running Sophos for Linux, so maybe it's related,
Yes, I remember VAL having issues with antiviruses and protection tools in the past. That is, Sophos is very likely to be the culprit.

although I have not seen issues with other workstations running 7.5
Would you clarify whether the other machines run Sophos as well, please?

Thanks!
bdoe
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Bryan

Post by bdoe »

Thanks, case is #03312286.

Other workstations running CentOS 7.5 are also running Sophos. They're all under the same baseline configuration and the same AV rules, so I would think they'd all be affected, or none. I'll double check but VAL was installed from the repo so it should be up to date.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

That's interesting... I asked the support guys to send the logs to the dev team directly once they get a hold of them.

Thanks!