Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Disk (imported) questions

Post by bhagen »

So, my VBR server crashed the other day. No problem; I get config backups every day, so I built a new server, installed VBR9.5U3, and restored the config. For some reason, it only restored my config back to a month ago. ??? So now I have to re-create several jobs.

I can tell the ones I need to re-create because I find them in the "Disk (imported)" section of the Backups tree:

Jobs
- etc
- etc
Backups
- Disk
- Disk (copy)
- Disk (imported) <<< HERE
Last 24 hours
- etc
- etc

Now, how do I re-create the jobs for those backup chains and get the chains out of "imported" and back into "Disk" like the rest of my jobs?

Backups
- Disk <<< HERE
- Disk (copy)
- Disk (imported)

What I've tried:
I re-created a job who's files are in the "imported" section, named it the same as the chain in the "imported" section, and ran the backup. The job created a new backup (to my repository), in a new folder with a "_1" at the end of the name, created a new job name and chain in the "disks" section, and didn't move any files out of "imported".

Help? Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Disk (imported) questions

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Did you use "map backup" functionality (under repository selector) when creating the new job?
I highly recommend you open a support case and have them guide you through the process.
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Re: Disk (imported) questions

Post by bhagen »

Thanks Gostev; I'd never used that functionality before, so I gave it a try. Seemed to work for a couple of the chains, and didn't work for a couple others.

But I'm done now, so if I need it in the future then I'll open a support case.

Thanks!