Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
scottlee75
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Lee

Veeam Agent Installation Question

Post by scottlee75 »

Hi,

I try to use VBR to push Veeam Agent to my prod server using create new Windows Backup Job. However, some of the server appear to have error stated that Missing Agent and backup job failed. Whats the reason behind this and how to resolve this error?

One of the method I try to overcome this problem is manually install Veeam agent on the prod server. However when I configure Veeam Agent connect to VBR, at define VBR server, credential login wizard, It keep appear repository not available error. My VBR repositories permission already set to everyone, it still doesn't work.

As I read online document, mostly it was mention both VBR & Prod server are in the same AD domain. My situation is we are not in AD/join domain, yet all my production server are using Administrator with each server having different password. will it be due to the same administrator but different password cause Windows not able authenticate correctly? If yes, how should I over come this challenge?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Veeam Agent Installation Question

Post by wishr »

Hi Scott,

There are some existing topics that might help. Could you please take a look at this one?

Also, we definitely require a bit more information (exact error texts, etc.) on the errors you are getting. If you are struggling with analyzing the logs on your own, I would recommend reaching out our support team directly.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Agent Installation Question

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Scott,

Have you tried creating the protection groups using the IP Address discovery? This would allow you to register these computers in the Veeam B&R inventory. Once you add your computers to the inventory, you will be able to create backup jobs for them.

Thanks!