mplep
Service Provider
Liked: never

Will this work?

Post by mplep »

Hi,

A replication set on 5.0.2 suddenly started failing with the error below:

Initializing target session
Storage file '[Datastore-04] VeeamBackup/SERVER02(vm-657)/2011-05-01T131029.vbk' is missing from host 'esx.acme.local'. If you are using initial replica seeding, please follow the instruction from the readme.txt file in the chosen seeding location. If you changed replica destination in the replication job settings, please make sure you have moved all replica files to the new destination correctly.

This replication set has been working for about 2 months and no changes have been made. It replicates about 2 - 3 times a day with issue normally.

I checked the target datastore and found 2011-05-01T131805.vbk was present. I renamed this to 2011-05-01T131029.vbk and the job has kicked off OK. I will log a call with support ASAP, but will this workaround provide a temporary answer? I have a DR test for this replica on Tuesday so need ensure it's ready.

Thanks

mplep
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Will this work?

Post by Gostev »

Hi, no - you cannot do anything like this. This causes the following job run to apply incremental updates to wrong replica state, which corrupts replica VM image beyond repairs. You will have to start this job from scratch now. You should never manage files belonging to replica VM manually. Thanks.
mplep
Service Provider

Post by mplep »

Thanks for the info. I've deleted the replicas and started the job up. I'll log a call with support, but any ideas on the original problem?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

No ideas... job log file investigation is required for the corresponding incremental run.
mplep
Service Provider

Post by mplep »

Hi. I opened a call on 5130735. Their advice was to do what I did in my original post and rename the file manually. By that point I had re-seeded of course. I questioned their reply based upon this thread and they verified the process with the R+D team as being valid. I've not seen that error before or since however.

Regards

mplep